According to the book authors, the diet plan has helped shape some of the hottest bodies in the country. And if you can count to five, you have an idea of the plan’s basic principles.
How 5-Factor Diet Works
According to verywellfit The main factor of the 5-Factor Diet is to eat five meals every day composing of five nutritional components which include a lean protein, a complex carbohydrate, fiber, a “good” fat, and a sugar-free drink.
The food choices Pasternak recommends are based on the glycemic index (GI), which rates foods according to their effect on blood sugar levels.
Similar Diets to 5-factor Diet
Harley Pasternak’s 5-Factor Diet compares favorably to some other celebrity-linked eating plans and recommendations, and shares similarities with other lower-carb plans.
1. Suzanne Somers Diet: On the Suzanne Somers Diet (also known as Somersizing), a fairly complex set of rules governs which foods can be combined in the same meal.
2. Dr. Oz 21-Day Diet: The Dr. Oz 21-Day Diet is a low-fat, low-carb plan promoted by TV personality Dr. Mehmet Oz. It cuts out sugar and refined carbs (like the 5-Factor Diet and many others), and processed foods.
5 Core Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites
- 3 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped (NOTE: You can use any green vegetable in your refrigerator in place of the broccoli)
- 1/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
How to Prepare
- Whisk together the egg whites, Mrs. Dash, salt, and pepper.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the broccoli florets and cook and stir until they are bright green.
- Add the egg whites and cook while gently pushing them to the center with a rubber spatula. When the egg mixture begins to set on the bottom, turn it over.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese begins to melt.
- To serve: Slide the omelet onto a plate and fold in half. Cut in half and serve with toast.
Nutrition contents: 298 calories, 31g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 3g fat (0.1g saturated), 10g fiber.