Food That Can Improve Your Digestion And Reduce Indigestion
Want a "Food" or "recipe" for easy digestion? Here are Some tips to help you get started. They'll help you prevent symptoms such as bloating, belches, or heartburn.
Common Causes Of Indigestion
indigestion is a common condition among men and women no matter their age. But certain things make some people more prone to it. Causes include:
- Stomach cancer. This is rare.
- Gastroparesis, a condition where the stomach doesn’t empty properly. It often happens to people with diabetes.
- Stomach infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pancreatitis, an inflamed pancreas
- Thyroid disease
Common Symptoms Indigestion
Indigestion can have causes that aren’t due to underlying disease. Examples include eating too much, drinking too much, food intolerance, or taking pills on an empty stomach.
- Early fullness during a meal. You haven’t eaten much of your meal, but you already feel full and may not be able to finish eating.
- Uncomfortable fullness after a meal. Fullness lasts longer than it should.
- Discomfort in the upper abdomen. You feel a mild to severe pain in the area between the bottom of your breastbone and your navel.
- Burning in the upper abdomen. You feel an uncomfortable heat or burning sensation between the bottom of your breastbone and your navel.
- Bloating in the upper abdomen. You feel an uncomfortable sensation of tightness due to a buildup of gas.
- Nausea. You feel as though you want to vomit.
Examples of lean protein food includes:
- White-Fleshed Fish. Share on Pinterest. …
- Plain Greek Yogurt.
- Beans, Peas, and Lentils.
- Skinless, White-Meat Poultry.
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese.
- Lite Tofu. …
- Lean Beef. …
- Powdered Peanut Butter.
In fact, drinking water when or after eating actually improves digestion. it is an essential component of good health. Water and other liquids help break down food so that your body can absorb the nutrients. it also softens stool, which helps prevent constipation. Water stimulates intestinal activity. It makes stools bulkier and easier to pass. Not drinking enough fluids is one cause of constipation, especially in older adults.
Here Are Some other Foods That Can Improve Digestion
According to Healthline, the food listed below are some of the Best Foods to Improve Digestion
- Apples. Apples are a rich source of pectin, a soluble fiber.
- Fennel. Fennel, a plant with a pale bulb and long green stalks
- Chia Seeds.
- Whole Grains.