How To Prepare Jollof Couscous In Nigeria
Couscous is a popular ingredient in North African cooking. It’s the kind of Pasta that is made of Semolina and, sometimes, a mix of Semolina and wheat flour.
If you are a fan of Jollof Rice, you will enjoy this recipe. This recipe for couscous is the same as Jollof’s. The only difference is that this requires less time to prepare.
If you’re familiar with Nigerian food, you’ll be aware that Jollof Rice is an essential part of our lives and is made in various forms, between cooked Jollof Rice and celebration-style Jollof Rice. In the same way, I’ve modelled this couscous dish like the Nigerian Jollof Rice is prepared. You can also look up my Jollof Spaghetti recipe below to see if you learned about it.
Couscous is incredibly versatile, which means you can combine it with any music you like.
Here is the URL to access the sauce used in this recipe.
Do not boil water for your couscous in this recipe. It will be bland. Instead, use chicken stock.
The couscous must be dry and not too soft or mushy. Therefore it is essential to be aware of the number of ingredients employed.
Ingredients For Couscous
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Cup Broth
- 1 Onion Medium Diced
- 1 Green Onion Diced
- 1 Tomato Medium Diced
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- Preheat the olive oil inside a pan.
- Add diced Onion, Green Onion, and Tomato and allow it to boil for one minute or two.
- Season by adding Black pepper Paprika and Curry Powder. Add the sauce and let it cook for another one or two minutes.
- Pour the stock into the pot, add salt as needed, and then cover and let it simmer.
- Mix it briefly. Then switch off the stove as soon as you can.
- It should be covered for around 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed by the couscous.
- Make sure to fluff it up using a fork and serve it with your favourite food. Enjoy!
Nutrition Contained In Couscous
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 981IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg