Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with VISA Sponsorship
VISA Sponsorship of Truck Driving. Recent research in Canada indicates there is a possibility that Jobs in the Canadian trucking industry could have 48,000 fewer long-haul truckers as of 2024. This is great news for truck drivers because it will provide a fantastic chance for those who wish to move to Canada and get a job in this kind of position.
It is not a secret that Canada’s transportation sector is in an oversupply and high demand for long-haul truck driver positions. This is backed by government officials from the Canadian federal government that grants workers with work permits to skilled foreigners who want to be a truck drivers.
Truck Driver Jobs Requirements in Canada (With Visa Sponsorship).
Let’s examine the requirements to become a truck driver in Canada. This will help you comprehend the requirements for getting employment as a truck driver to work in Canada to be an immigrant sponsor.
- Drivers of trucks in Canada work full-time, including weekend shifts, night shifts, and overtime, day or even evening shifts.
- The job is not requiring any high school diploma.
- Driving with high loads can be beneficial; however, it’s not essential.
- It is essential to be proficient in communicating in basic or basic English.
- This job requires certifications, memberships, and licenses. It also requires certifications, courses, and certificates.
- In addition to you In addition to your Brake (Z) and Endorsement with a valid driver’s permit (Class 1 A, Class 1) are required.
- Different types of equipment and trucking Tractor-trailer Tractor, Flatbed, Tractor Highway Refrigerated trucks (4.600kgplus) (or 10,000lbs) with 3 or more axles
- Protection and Security: To be safe, you must be granted a basic security clearance, a criminal background investigation, and a copy of your driving records. Additionally, you have to be able to pass a medical test and undergo a drug test.
- Information about travel and transportation. Are you able to travel across Canada as well as the United States? You’re prepared to travel over long distances for extended durations, regardless of whether it’s day or night.
- Other conditions: Candidates must have the legal authority to work in Canada. They should also be able to cooperate in the operation of long-haul trucks.
- For the ease of transporting items and other supplies, it is possible to operate straight and articulated trucks.
- The safety and security of cargo can be made through loading and unloading cargo and the tarping process.
- You can make plans for your routes to travel and timings.
- Atlases and other devices are available to help in planning your trip.
- Get information from the central dispatcher and forward information back to the central dispatcher.
- You can work in teams of two or convoys.
- Additionally, you should be able to evaluate the condition of your vehicle and examine the tires, lights, cold storage, and other components.
Top Programs to Get Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Here’s a list of the most popular programs that can aid you in finding employment as a driver of trucks and obtaining an employment visa in Canada.
Truck drivers from Canada can also profit from the province-wide programs offered through British Columbia.
If you are a candidate for the intermediate and semiskilled levels of the job market in Canada, A full-time job for long-haul trucks is needed. There are more than 400 open positions. Long-haul truck drivers are permitted to stay within the provincial area for lengthy durations. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website.
Quebec is the top-ranked province for truck driver-friendly jobs. There are 837 job postings available. According to the Quebec government’s website for jobs, the prospects are great for employment as a truck driver.
Access the Quebec website.
In July 2019, the Ontario Immigrant Job Opportunity for Employers with Demand Skills Stream was updated to include the NOC code 7511 for the drivers of transport trucks. The code was listed alongside three other occupations.
Drivers with experience in the field who were offered jobs in Ontario might follow a specific procedure to gain permanent residency in Canada. Learn more about immigration.
Long-haul truckers are another sought-after profession in the Alberta Immigrant Program, which offers more than 500 jobs on the banks. In addition, truck drivers can apply for Alberta Opportunity Stream or Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry.
Employers that wish to employ truck drivers from Manitoba must adhere to regulations of the Federal Labor Market Assessment of Temporary Foreign Workers process. However, employers can hire workers not subject to the LMIA process by utilizing the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, subject to certain conditions, including the hiring procedure and compliance with labor law.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
This is one of the provinces of Canada. This province lies in Canada, Newfoundland, and Labrador.
NLPNP’s Labour Market Outlook 2025 report emphasizes truck driving as a profession requiring significant relocation to meet the demand for jobs. Employers eligible to hire applicants must apply through the Skilled Worker tracks.
Saskatchewan Immigration offers a sub-category for truck drivers with long hauls who have the right to work in Canada. The job also qualifies for Express Entry in-Demand as well as Occupations categories. Each category is focused on a specific field of work.
Two occupations specifically targeted by the Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations On-Demand stream include Transportation Truck Drivers (NOC 7511). Drivers can apply for residency.
This program can assist you in obtaining employment as a truck driver within Canada with the help of a sponsor for your visa sponsorship.
Canada Truck Drivers’ Wages
Truck drivers currently earn an hourly salary comparable to provincial and national averages.
As per Statistics Canada and the Job Bank, the median salary for truck drivers is slightly less than the average for all workers. However, it could be up to $8 more than the median wage, which is $32 per hour in some circumstances.
The wages of truck drivers are expected to increase because of the labor demand over the next few years.
You’re in the right spot If you’re interested in truck driver jobs in canada with Visa sponsorship for non-natives. There are many possibilities and numerous programs that offer these.